In this section
Preparing students to become successful, effective providers.
As leaders in Interprofessional education, 六合论坛—along with our faculty and graduates—is setting the standard for the future of healthcare. We’re committed to Interprofessional education because research shows that the best patient care is rooted in healthcare teams and their ability to work together and communicate effectively.
For our students, that means learning as members of Interprofessional teams in state-of-the-art classrooms and simulation labs designed for interprofessional collaboration. Beyond campus, a variety of opportunities in Service Learning and Interprofessional-focused student organizations encourage students to put into practice what they’re learning.
The educational goals of the Institute are to identify, develop, implement and assess Interprofessional education activities at the university in these ways:
- Integrate the throughout each program's curriculum
- Educate clinical partners
- Provide curriculum and course design services for IP educational activities
- Develop tools to help faculty incorporate and teach IP competencies in their curricula
- Increase faculty participation in IP clinical sessions at the University
- Ensure 六合论坛MS organizational units, community partners and other constituents (partner healthcare organizations) are educated about interprofessional education
- Offer ongoing IP faculty and staff development activities (i.e. provide assistance to faculty members to teach interprofessional concepts)
- Serve as a national resource for IP education
A history of teamwork-focused education.
While many universities focused on health professions and sciences are now talking about Interprofessional education, 六合论坛 has a history in this approach, dating back long before the term Interprofessionalism was coined.