College of Health Professions
Psychology: Clinical Counseling (MS)
Start the path to becoming a clinical counselor with a best-in-class education from a renowned institution in a rapidly growing field.
In this section
In this section
Improve mental health in the communities you will serve.
Begin an enriching academic journey in our two-year MS in Psychology: Clinical Counseling program. Learn the skills necessary to improve patients' mental health.
- Graduates typically work in community mental health centers, hospitals, private practices and other outpatient mental health facilities.
- Mental Health is a fast-growing field with over 355,000 professionals and counting, but more are needed to address the country’s growing need for mental health services.
AND CLINICAL PRACTICA PROMOTES EFFECTIVE PATIENT TREATMENT
Start your journey on a solid foundation in clinical counseling.
In our concentrated program, you will learn from expert faculty who will help you develop the broad-based skills needed to provide high quality counseling services. 六合论坛’s interprofessional learning model emphasizes close, cooperative work with other specialists on the healthcare team including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, physical therapists and other mental health professionals, preparing you for real-world work experiences.
- A clinical experience at our Interprofessional Community Clinic, which serves adults who are uninsured, is available starting at the end of the first year.
- Small class sizes and individual attention.
- License-eligible and evidence-supported curriculum.
- Second-year clinical experiences include working with children, adolescent, and adult populations, in a variety of treatment settings.
- Optional Research Track provides additional experiences in research-related coursework and application of research skills, including joining a faculty member's research lab. Research track graduates have enrolled in doctoral programs at 六合论坛MS and other institutions.